Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Susurro Oral" de Gerardo Munoz - Traducción Poética (I) por Lisandra Hernandez


To an oral whisper
"y yo le regalaba y
el ventalle de cedros ayre daba".
- San Juan de la Cruz


I have crossed all these fields, more calm that those of Castile;
and I have already seen the peninsular hills, and rivers:
like the bridle, the mills or the insular cocoon,
The latent fluids of a setting sun.
A night that was to us, and I was dying.
I already know your whole body is a viola.
I do not ignore the peak sound that leaves you
and the song of your fright; you fill the crater
of the voice and the echoing blackness of this moon:
Target of pleasures, pleasure is a target.
Everything around me is en route of the forces
That run towards the hue of your lips;
Spiral that turns, milky spiral that removes everything
red in your blood, like a crack that waves across the snow:
Derision of our faces in exchange with the open sea.
Thus the nightingale that spurts in midair transforms itself
into the the lacteous twigh, losing its road and its light;
and my child dissolves in all of your deep darkness.



G.M.R Spring 2008
(Translated by L.H.V)

1 comment:

juanfelipe said...

This little fragment caught my attention because it brings a visual key, when it refers to the moon and its blackness. That is a gorgeous verse. The second part, well, it's simpler and straight. It is a flipping of the concepts, and in this case it came out in a clever way, very natural "you fill the crater
of the voice and the echoing blackness of this moon:
Target of pleasures, pleasure is a target."